So, like I am sure will happen in the field, my interview fell through today. I waited outside the office where the interview was going to take place for 49 minutes exactly. It was frustrating, because I have been waiting for weeks to get this interview to happen, and then it didn't. It wasn't all a waste, though. I waited for 20 minutes with a member of the rugby team whom I have not met before. We made some idle chit-chat, and he told me a little about playing rugby, and Tonga, and the differences between football and rugby. He asked me about why I like rugby so much, the inspiration for my project, etc. It was a nice chat. I'm sure I could have done more to practice asking descriptive questions (the thought ran through my mind often enough), but I think I was consciously being rebellious by not doing it. So there.
Anyway, I called my participant a couple of times, but he didn't answer, but he did call me back. He had car trouble, and we've rescheduled for tomorrow, so all is not lost.
Anyway. Chalk one up to experience and learning to roll with the punches.
No comments:
Post a Comment